Russia is the country where the Constitution guarantees everyone’s right to education. This country has a long-standing tradition in high-quality education for all citizens. The Russian educational system may be arranged into four major groups: primary, secondary, higher and postgraduate. As for primary education Russian children go to preschool until they are seven years old, then they are enrolled in elementary school. Secondary education in Russia takes eleven years to complete. At the end of the 9th form pupils have to take the Unified State Exam. They have to pass Russian and Mathematics. At the age of 14 a pupil obtains a Certificate of Incomplete Secondary Education. Then he or she has to choose one of the following ways to complete secondary education: either continue education for two more years at a secondary school or go to a Vocational school or a College, which usually takes three years to complete.
At the end of the 11th form pupils have to choose 3 or 4 subjects for Unified State Exams and obtain a Certificate of Complete Secondary Education. An excellent score ranges depending on the subject from 65 to 90 out of 100. The score of three subjects is the basis of admitting a student to a university. It is good for school leavers that now they don’t have to pass both their final school exams and entrance exams at a university. Students have a chance to apply only for 5 higher education institutions. Higher education in Russia is provided by state and non-state accredited higher education institutions (HEIs). Education in state HEIs is not completely free of charge. In non-state HEIs all students must pay tuition fees. Higher education is under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation. The standard of higher education in Russia is considered to be one of the best in the world with advanced and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Due to the globalization of the world educational system, the system of education in Russia began the transition to the Bologna process. According to this system higher education in European countries is to be organised in such a way that it is easy to move from one country to another for the purpose of further study or employment. Russian universities provide different degrees: the degree of Specialist, the degree of Bachelor and the degree of Master. The degree of Specialist can be obtained after completing 5–6 years of studies, the degree of Bachelor can be received after 4 years and the degree of Master can be earned during another 1–2 years of studies. It is worth mentioning that Specialists and Masters are eligible for post-graduate courses (Aspirantura), but Bachelors are not.
Задание 1. Выделите основную идею текста и запишите ее на английском языке.
Задание 2. Прочитайте следующие предложения и скажите, какое предложение не соответствует информации в тексте.
1. Secondary education in Russia takes ten years to complete.
2. It is worth mentioning that Bachelors are eligible for post-graduate courses (Aspirantura).
3. Higher education is under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation
4. In non-state HEIs all students get higher education free of charge.
5. At the age of 17 a pupil obtains a Certificate of Incomplete Secondary Education.
6. The system of education in Russia began the transition to the Bologna process.
7. The score of three subjects is the basis of admitting a student to a university.
Задание 3. Переведите следующие предложения на английский язык.
1. За последние 10 лет система российского образования претерпела значительные изменения. 2 Бакалавр – это выпускник вуза, который учился в вузе всего 4 года. 3. Срок получения высшего образования зависит от выбранного уровня. 4. Российское высшее образование предоставляет возможность доступа к самым современным лабораториям и научно-техническим центрам. 5. Он едва ли в состоянии работать сегодня. 6. Обучение в российских университетах ведется на русском языке. 7. Декан говорил легко, но твердо.
Задание 4. Допишите предложения, поставив выделенные слова в правильную форму.
1. Our university is the largetransport educational institutions in Russia.
2. At the age of 14 a pupil obtains a Certificate of Incomplete Second Education.
3. The university is integrating into the world’s educational and sciencecommunity.
Задание 5. Допишите предложения, выбрав правильный вариант ответа.
1. You can use our library(as/like/too)many times as you like in a week.
2. Memory is (a lot more/as/ like)complicated than we usually think.
3. There are different ways of making the memory (more efficient/ more efficiently/less efficient)
Задание 6. Выберите правило, которое точно соответствует заданному предложению.